返回列表
查看: 1690|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

《The Alchemy Key》

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-3-5 14:42:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

Colleagues often ask me why I wrote this unusual book. At first, it was simply so I could sleep at night.  It was a way to marshal the extraordinary facts and histories that constantly rotated in my mind and became graphically alive at bedtime!  Now I think my reason is to restore, in a humble way, richness to the mystery tradition at a time when the old arts of the philosopher are all but lost.
There are many paths to the mysteries. The most predominant organizations in western societies are usually composed of people we might call literalists.  They would not like the more accurate label of anti-philosophers.  Literalists believe their traditional histories are unique, explain everything and provide enough wisdom to make the rest of civilization irrelevant.  Usually, they treat their stories as fact rather than myth and rarely think about it any further.  These people often join many societies; yet groan at the mention of a lecture.  Archeology provides them interesting asides but discoveries are rarely important enough to change the faith.

Then there are capital P and small p philosophers.  Capital P philosophers deride literalists and small p philosophers alike as fundamentalists, a dirty word.  These capital P philosophers know all myths are just that, myths without a historical basis.  Unless archeology proves something happened then it did not, and the myth is just a story having no more merit than a fairy-tale.

This book is for the small p or Gnostic philosophers who have a bit each way when it comes to myth.  They see myth as having merit and are not surprised when archeologists discover a Troy, or if they hear a story in the Bible is proved true.  Most think that Atlantis will eventually be located.  Small p philosophers see myths representing important elements of culture and if not based on facts then often based on soft facts. One such soft fact is alchemy. Its goal is the Philosophers’ Stone.

……

文件密碼:www.zhiyins.com
下載地址回復可見:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
沙发
发表于 2009-3-5 21:45:55 | 只看该作者
英文的,不错.....
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2009-5-25 14:04:20 | 只看该作者
喜欢英文原版的书~~